Nowadays, each business has decided to build a website to help the customers can research the products and services that they are supplied easily as well as helping the company gain more revenues and profits. Most of companies from low to large size have hired some web designers or web developers to design process steps in order to build, maintain and develop the businesses’ websites. In fact, designing a website for the business seems to be an easy job for the web designers; however, it is quite difficult if we want to develop it fully and make it work effectively with the purpose to bring the high quality services or products to all the customers. In this case, most of the IT managers, designers or consultants will apply UX process to help the companies can improve fully the website and reach consumers’ needs.
Why do the IT managers and companies apply UX process?
UX is a process which helps the company know exactly what do they need to improve the products or services before sending it to final customers through user experience design process.
Who will be responsible for UX process?
In some companies, web developer will be the one who is responsible for UX; however, in most large companies, there will be the group of people who are responsible for this process to make it works more easily and effectively, such as UX designer (can be known as web designer or developer), product or service developer and graphic designer. These people will be working together to collect and analyze deeply the buyers’ behaviors to create a fantastic idea for a new service or product.
The design process steps for UX
Unlike a normal web designer, UX designers are the people who work or design again and again on the companies’ websites by using the users testing results in order to make it become better and easier for all the users. Most of UX designers or UX working groups will follow these steps:
- Researching buyers’ behaviors. This activity will help the UX designers understand deeply about the customers’ psychology when they purchase or use the service. In this case, some UX designers might put themselves as the customers to know what will the customers react in the given situations.
- After researching and analyzing all the customers’ reactions in the given situations, the UX designers will summarize and create a product or service which they think can be achieved in the market.
- Most of UX designers will build and follow the flow with the purpose to achieve the customers’ requirement when they use an app or service on the website. The flow usually is: user flow => sketch => wireframe => prototype.
- When the website or app finish, UX group will be open the users testing campaign. This is an important step in the design process steps for UX process because it will help the designers as well as the company know about consumers’ thinking and reactions when they use or purchase the products or services on the website.
- Another important step in UX process is improving the services, products, website or an app. After collecting the users’ opinions, both designers and managers will be responsible to develop as well as improve fully the services or products before entering it to the market.
The requirements in design process steps for UX
In fact, there are not much special requirements in designing steps for UX process, most of the companies will focus strongly on abilities and knowledge of UX staffs like:
- UX designers must be the people who have basic knowledge about the website, such as designing, maintaining and developing the website. They also need to know visual design and metrics & analytics.
- Some special companies will require some of the employees who want to join in UX team, must have some years working in customer service or psychology field in order to help them can improve effectively the quality of service.
- There should be these people in UX process to make it can work fluently and effectively:
- UX designer
- UX researcher
- Interaction designer
- UI designer
- UI developer
- Visual designer
- Product designer